Designer, Sonya Vajifdar holds a Fashion and Textile design degree from Istituto Europeo de Design, Milan, Italy. This was followed up by a small stint with the French Company –Estrele, before returning to her hometown, Mumbai. Soon she launched her label -SONYA VAJIFDAR, which is now being sold in India and also recognized internationally. Sonya is the only designer in India to have come up with a high end designer rainwear collection, not only for women, but men, children and interestingly dogs too. Another feather in the young designers cap was creating twenty looks for the Indian and British jockeys at the Pre Derby event in Mumbai, in Feb 2010.
They are looking to hire a Fashion Design Intern
– Responsible for overseeing the process from the garment conceptualization stage, through the pattern drafting phase, to the final garment assembly.
– Research design and color trends and predictions for each season. Collaborate with the design team to create the theme and mood for each season.
– Keep up to date with international trend forecast.
– Responsible for assisting in creating the prototypes and patterns and assist the production team in working with the manufacturers and suppliers during the production stages.
– Ensure proper fit and execution of design.
Qualifications & Requirements:
– Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Designing from an institute of repute.
– Proficient knowledge in textiles, fabrics, ornamentation and fashion trends and the ability to choose the best match between garment design and fabric is a must.
– Work experience of 1-3 years with a firm specialising in ladies western wear is preferred.
– Excellent understanding of garment design and manufacturing processing.
– Strong fashion and color sense with the ability to create and adapt designs to changing market conditions.
– Significant ability to interpret market requirements and create designs that cater to the target market.
– Proven ability to translate garment design requirements into design illustrations using leading design softwares such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop & CAD etc.
– Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
– Social media skills and research is a must !
– Proficient language skills are required. Oral and written English skills are must.
This opening needs to be filled in immediately and is based out of Mumbai. Please apply only if you are based out of Mumbai.
All interested candidates can send in their resumes firstname.lastname@example.org to with FASHION JOBS INDIA as the subject. (Emails with incorrect subject names will not be considered).
The Juice is a fashion, culture and lifestyle publication funded by Jabong.com. The magazine is based out of Mumbai and first issue came out in May 2014. Their print run is 1.45 lacs. They are looking to hire interns for the fashion department for tenure of three months.
All interested candidates can send in their resumes and images of most of their recent work to email@example.com with JUICE MAGAZINE as the subject. (Emails with incorrect subject names will not be considered).