Misfit Panda is a women’s footwear brand that was launched in January 2017. Inspired by the bold and confident women that are breaking barriers every day, the brand designs distinctive footwear that endeavor’s to standout while maintaining a high level of comfort. It’s collection of vegan leather loafers, mules and block heels combine classic styles with catchy embroidered slogans such “Boss Lady” (one of the brand’s bestsellers) evoke the attitude of the new-age woman. Following the brands mantra of, “Be You. Be True. Be Misfit” – Misfit Panda has recently started collaborating with Indian artists to design unique, limited edition hand painted canvas shoes. What makes them even more special is that no two pairs will ever look the same even though they are cut from the same canvas! This lends the products not only an air of exclusivity at pocket friendly price points, but that added personal touch too.
We are looking to hire a Junior Designer & Merchandiser (Women’s & Kids Footwear).
– Sketching designs
– Market research and creating moodboards for each collection
– Sourcing, selecting and researching raw materials
– Sampling on new designs
– Researching new embroidery techniques
– Working closely with vendors to oversee production, conduct quality checks and ensure timely delivery of orders
– Oversee inventory management
– Create and maintain master sheets and linesheets for every season
– Find vendors for raw materials and production
– Being present at exhibitions to represent the brand and help with sales
– Proficient in hand sketching and sketching with the aid of Photoshop/CAD/Coreldraw
– Ability to develop graphics and embroidery patterns
– Adept at Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
– Excellent knowledge of fit and other technical aspects of footwear design & raw materials
– Strong organisational and time management skills
– Resourceful at negotiating rates with vendors
– Good communication skills
– Well versed with the footwear raw material markets
All interested candidates can send in their resumes and images of most of their recent work to email@example.com with FASHION JOBS INDIA as the subject. (Emails with incorrect subject names will not be considered).